My Business And I
by Maggie Dennison
Mindset and Marketing Coach
"Maggie Dennison is fiercely committed to helping independent professionals and small business owners get beyond their limiting beliefs and onto a path to deep satisfaction and business success."
I know what's it like to wonder if you're doing the right thing. Deep down you know you are but then those thoughts in your head start niggling because you're not moving ahead the way you'd like to.
That's what I can help you with.
As kid I was intensely curious...always asking WHY people did what they did and WHAT did they really want.
It got to the point that my mother used to say: "You're too nosey for your own good!"
Back then I didn't know that marketing is based on human behavior and how people think. Knowing what people think is invaluable.
Yet it's how WE think and what WE believe that can sabotage our best marketing efforts.
When I was 11 and my teacher asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I said "I want to be an adventurer!" I pictured myself roaming around darkest Africa or sledding across Antartica. Well, I didn't quite get to those exact places, but I did have lots of other wild and woolly adventures in the physcial world.
Until I turned my adventuring inwards. Personal development became my focus, MY personal development. And that helped me understand others, their desires, motivations, beliefs and blind spots. I studied many tools and techniques to deal with those inner obstacles.
I never dreamt that my curiosity, my interest in human behavior and my passion for adventure (the inner kind) would morph into helping others identify and overcome THEIR thoughts and beliefs that are holding them back from success.
In over 20 years of working with clients, I've seen that most of the time the problem is not that we don't know what to do. That's easy enough to figure out. But it's the stories we tell ourselves that can prevent us from doing what we need to do.
The self-sabotage starts between our ears!
I help you identify those stuck places and I introduce you to techniques that can help you get past them.
Then we take a fresh look at your markting from these new perspectives, so that you can move ahead with confidence in who you really are, and a sense of deep satisfaction.
What really lights me up is watching the 'ahas' that my clients experience when they're willing to engage in this adventure.
7 things about my journey that might surprise or delight you - while serving our work together.
- After almost 20 years in corporate Europe, split between England and Germany and ranging from the more traditional shipping industry to progressive hi-tech during its boom years of the 80s, I quit. (Actually, I'd already quit corporate once before. That time I'd spent almost two years traveling round the world with a backpack. I ended up back in the corporate world....but that's a story for another time).
- After I quit (the second time) I moved to Santa Monica, California, and completed a Masters Degree in Psychology, with a view to becoming a psychotherapist. Although I value that work, it turned out that it wasn't mine to do.
- Instead I combined my counseling skills with my business background to start my first business as a business coach. That was back in the mid-nineties, when the coaching industry was in its infancy. Later I added copywriting as a second business and focused my coaching on marketing.
- But something was missing for me. That all changed when I found my passion in helping my clients on a personal level, so I could incorporate my years of personal and spiritual development into my marketing work.
- Oh - and in case you're wondering - I grew up in Northern Ireland (I still have the accent to prove it...) and have lived in 7 different countries so far.
- In my spare time, I love to read, especially novels that have a psychological slant and show aspects of human nature and behavior and how they affect our lives. And I love spending time in nature: it feeds my spirit and keeps my grounded.
End of story...for now...
How to find out if I might be the right person to walk by your side through identifying and clearing those sabotaging thoughts and beliefs, and be more confident and successful (maybe I'm not and that's OK too):
Go here to get in touch so we can talk about what's going on with you and your business and I can answer your questions.